Monday, September 24, 2007

Article assignment

I agree and disagree with the author. I think that it is great that we can access information quicker and easier with the internet. It make research easier to sit at home and do it on my computer than to find a baby sitter, go to the library and research a paper there. Also I like that it makes our children more curious. It is so easy to obtain info about anything. When my kids have a question and I do not know the answer to we go to the computer and find it together. In that ascpect I think it is a wondeful tool for everyone. I can also see his point about the original form of literature disappearing. I could see where that could happen and it would be a great loss. I expect my kids to read everyday and both of them love to read and be read to. I also expect them to write well. I encourage them to write and one of my children would rather write than do just about anything else.
I learn better as a listener and watcher, some people just do! I think it depends on the person. I think you can make reading and writing enjoyable and maybe even a passion for some of your students if it is presented in the right way. I try to tell my children that reading and writing frees you. If you can read you can learn anything or do anything. If you can write you can create a whole world that is all your own. It will be the responsibility of the adults in todays world to instill the importance of written works in our youth. Nothing is better than setteling in for some peace and quite with your favorite book!

No comments: