Saturday, September 8, 2007

Uses of ALEX

I thought the ALEX site was very useful. I think I would defintely use the help with developing lesson plans. I am sure as a new teacher your resposibilities can be overwhelming and this site could definitely be helpful in making a teacher feel more comfortable in thier duties. I also liked the professional learning. I think it will be great to learn helpful tips from people that have used them and been successfull with them. I think that it is great that it gives you grant information as well since some of our schools do not have alot of funding.
My favorite link was the Distance Learning. Iwas really excited about that. I have kids in the public school systenm and I know there are alot of things our kids do not get to learn that other kids in other states do. I think it has alot to do with a lack of funding. This gives you an opportunity to offer some of the advanced learning opportunities to our kids through the internet. I think it is a great way to give them a look outside thier own world and broaden thier horizons. I also think that kids ar eso into computers htese days and I think they would be very receptive to this type of learning. It could potentialy bring our school system more up to date!

No comments: